Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 102

Thread: Soul Calibur II

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would say that its a mixed bag...its got some things the original, and vice versa, but overall it equates to a superior game. I would personally suggest owning both [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 02, 2003 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Xellos, you'll absolutely love yourself for buying the home version then, it improves on the arcade version 2-fold in terms of graphics. Ive never seen better graphics in a game. Ever. You'll see the effort they put in; a new detail every time you play.
    I remember relying on the arcade version to quench my thirst for the most superior fighting experience, in the knowledge that it was just a taste for what was to come with the home conversion. Im highly satisfied with the home conversion, 55 hours on the timer, and i still havent beaten it all. Yet, i hear-tell of the inclusion of even more extra's for the American release, with the return of Hwang (named Assassin), Rock (named Berserker) and Lizardman (named...Lizardman).
    The most major gripe i have with this game is the fact that, erm well...Voldo's ass isnt being very modest this time, you can see the top half of it in all its...green glory *shudders* [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    That said, there may be some who would enjoy it... &lt;.&lt;----&gt;.&gt;

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 03, 2003 04:54 AM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Voldo is the worst thing of every Soul Calibur game, he's sucky and disgusting; even his special movements stink of gay S&M. I never ever played with him and I never will. On the other side, I've experienced sudden increases in my SoCal performance when fighting against him [img]smile.gif[/img] . Maybe it's because I can't stand Voldo putting his nasty hands on Sophitia.

    Oh, and Sophitia is the best thing of every Soul Calibur game ^_^ . (I've heard she's in SoCal2 too.)

  4. #14
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She is, Wiseman, She is, (read the GGNN thread to see who is back in the domestic version of SoCal 2)

    The truth is that i don't get surprised when you say that Console version of Soul calibur 2 graphics are better than Arcade, Arcade used a System 246 board to run, and it means that it is the same as a PS2. they had even more memory to imporve the graphics.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Hell no, So Cal2 in arcade is at least 2x as good as DC So cal, who knows what the console versions will be like!

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Melfice: Yeah, the System 246 is to the PS2 what the NAOMI is to the Dreamcast... and this is why System 246-based arcade games don't look nearly as spectacular as NAOMI and NAOMI 2 games. And of course, it's easy to improve the System 246 graphics in a GameCube - I'd feel disappointed if they weren't any better there.

    IRT Xellos: Crap [img]frown.gif[/img] . Well, I'll still play her, and I'll find a secondary gal for the hard battles.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I heard that sophie isn't that good in this, as they hadn't updated her moves too much.

    Oh well, I'm playing her anyways! ^_^

    Eh, Voldo's fun to fight. The good Voldo players can be really unpredictable, and I like fighting his queer ass, makes for some fun matches.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And what about Seung Mina?, she is also in Soul calibur 2! ^^ Anyway, i still gotta see it. By the way, how is Link in SC2?

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Mina's gointa be about average in it, at least from what I've heard, gotta ask Cata and OCB.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yup, Voldo is one sexy beast. He makes a change from large chested women, young kawaii girls, big strong men and speedy teens.

    Link is very good. Very, very good. Ral-kun can tell you more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •